There are many excellent universities in Uganda. The universities, colleges, and schools are well-known in the academic community. A vast number of international students are willing to get an education in the best universities here.
To study in one of these universities, international students must get a Ugandan student visa depending on their country of origin. RocApply has, made it easy for you to follow what documentation may be needed upon visa application on this guide! It is however, advised to always check with the consulate/embassy for more details on visa requirements.
Requirements of Student Entry In Uganda
Any foreign national intending to enter into Uganda for purposes of study should:
- Obtain Uganda visa (if applicable) to facilitate his /her entry into the country.
- Enter into Uganda from and through only authorized ports of entry.
- Present valid passport to the Immigration officer at port of entry.
- Declare purpose of entry into Uganda and intended institution of training.
- Proceed to designated immigration office after entry and obtain student pass for study in Uganda.
The following criteria must be met.
- A letter of acceptance must be provided demonstrating that an applicant has been offered a place on a full time course of study at a recognised educational institution.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate evidence of enough funds to support themselves in the country.
- It must be shown that the course fees have been paid in full.
- Private medical insurance must be arranged and documentary evidence of this must be provided.
- It must be the candidate's demonstrable intention to return to their own country at the end of their period of study.
- All immigrants in Uganda should respect and oblige with national immigration laws, guidelines and formalities.
- Visas and Student passes do not permit gainful or voluntary employment in Uganda.
- All East African Community nationals studying or seeking to study in Uganda, must obtain student passes from designated immigration offices.
- Student Passes for EAC nationals are issued at no cost. Other nationals should pay the fees indicated in the bank payment assessment form.
- Study must be undertaken from only approved and licensed training institutions.
ROCAPPLY DISCLAIMER: This is NOT an exhaustive list of required documents. Ugandan authorities can ask you to submit any additional documents as they see fit during any stage of your application processing. Be sure to check with the consulate websites before applying for any visa!