Russia Visa Requirements
The Visa process is always very easy and you can hardly be refused a study visa. RocApply will help you get your Visa in time by constant reminders and follow ups to both the student and embassy. Below are the general Russian Embassy requirements for most countries.
- One copy of a duly completed Russia visa application form.
- One photograph to specification (6 months’ older photos not accepted).
- International Passport. It shall be valid as long as at least 90 days after the expected date of departure.
- Invitation Letter for the University from the Ministry of Education in Russia.
- Birth Certificate
- General Medical Test Results (This should Include HIV test).
- Educational Documents (Authenticated by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry Foreign Affairs in the country of origin).
- Any other required document required by the Embassy.
It should be noted that there is a visa-free regime is provided for the citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cuba (for a term not exceeding 30 days), Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia (provided that there is a private invitation or tourist voucher), Moldova, Mongolia (provided that there is a private invitation or tourist document), Montenegro (for a term not exceeding 30 days provided that there is a private invitation or tourist voucher), Qatar (for a term not exceeding 30 days), United Kingdom, Serbia (for a term not exceeding 30 days), Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela (for a term not exceeding 90 days)
Note: Other documents may be required upon request by the embassy and an in-person interview may also be requested with the applicant.
After all formalities have been carried out, successful students are then given a student, with a copy being inserted in the student’s passport
Upon arrival, all international students are required to obtain a residence permit and this is often done with the assistance of university international students office, however, students are also encouraged to contact the RocApply team is they require assistance.
All incoming international students are expected to report and register with the police within their first week along with their identification, police clearance and medical certificates from their home country.