Romania Visa Requirements
Once you get your letter of acceptance from the Ministry of education, youth and sport, you have to apply for Romanian student visa to your closest Romanian Diplomatic Missions (embassy or consulate). Students arriving from the EU countries, the European Economic Area, as well as from Canada, Croatia, Japan, Moldova, South Korea, Switzerland, USA and Serbia do not need visa to enter in Romania.
All other international students are required to apply for a Romanian student visa prior to arrival. Student visas may take from two days to 2 months to process and one can only apply for a student visa once the Ministry of Education in Romania has issued the letter of acceptance to study. It's best to apply early for the letter of acceptance and RocApply will do half of the job for you by unveiling the application form here on our website.
Requirements for Romanian Student long stay visa are:
- Letter of acceptance from Romanian Ministry of education;
- Proof of tuition fees payment for one year (payment must be done after getting the acceptance letter, transferring the fee to the bank account of University);
- Proof of sufficient means of support for entire period specified in the visa (approximately 2500 Euros);
- Criminal record certificate or another document of the same legal value;
- Medical insurance for the entire period of the visa validity;
- Approval of the parents or the foster parents in connection with the stay on the Romanian territory for study purposes, if the foreign citizen is a minor.
Note: Other documents may be required upon request by the embassy and an in-person interview may also be requested with the applicant.
After all formalities have been carried out, successful students are then given a student, with a copy being inserted in the student’s passport
Upon arrival, all international students are required to obtain a residence permit and this is often done with the assistance of university international students office, however, students are also encouraged to contact the RocApply team is they require assistance.
All incoming international students are expected to report and register with the police within their first week along with their identification, police clearance and medical certificates from their home country.