Keeping your data confidential is of high priority for RocApply. We are grateful for the trust you place in our services. As a german company all data collected on our website is compliant with the European GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
We are Stangl & Mutsengi GBR, operating as RocApply. In the rest of this document referred to as RocApply.
We maintain our headquarters at:Pohlstr. 49
The number of free Applications is limited to a maximum of three.
Should you apply more than three times, RocApply reserves the right to not process any of your applications.
The subject of data protection is personal data. These are details of the personal or material circumstances of a specific or identifiable natural person. This includes information such as Your real name, address, phone number and date of birth. Information that is not directly related to your real identity - such as favorite websites or number of users of a page - are not personal data.
We consider it our primary responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information you provide and to protect it from unauthorized access. That is why we use the utmost care and state-of-the-art security standards to ensure maximum protection of your personal data.
As a private company, we are subject to the provisions of the General European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the regulations of the Federal Data Protection Act. We have taken technical and organizational measures to ensure that the data protection rules are respected both by us and by our external service providers.
Legislation requires that personal data be processed lawfully, in good faith and in a manner that is reasonable for the data subject ("lawfulness, fairness, transparency"). To ensure this, we inform you about the individual legal definitions that are also used in this privacy statement:
"Personal data" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter the "data subject"); a natural person is regarded as identifiable, which can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by association with an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more special features, the expression of the physical , physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of this natural person.
"Processing" means any process performed, with or without the aid of automated procedures, or any such process associated with personal data such as data collection, collection, organization, ordering, storage, adaptation or modification , reading out, querying, using, disclosing by transmission, dissemination or any other form of provision, reconciliation or association, restriction, erasure or destruction.
"Restriction of processing" is the marking of personal data stored with the aim of limiting its future processing.
"Profiling" means any kind of automated processing of personal data which consists in using that personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular aspects relating to job performance, economic situation, health, to analyze or predict personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or change of location of that natural person.
"Pseudonymisation" means the processing of personal data in such a way that the personal data can no longer be assigned to a specific data subject without additional information being provided, provided that such additional information is kept separate and subject to technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data Data can not be assigned to an identified or identifiable natural person.
"File system" means any structured collection of personal data accessible by specific criteria, whether that collection is centralized, decentralized or organized according to functional or geographical considerations.
"Responsible person" means a natural or legal person, public authority, body or body that alone or jointly with others decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union law or the law of the Member States, the controller or the specific criteria for his appointment may be provided for under Union or national law.
"Processor" means a natural or legal person, public authority, body or body that processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
"Recipient" means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other entity to whom personal data are disclosed, whether or not it is a third party. However, authorities which may receive personal data under Union or national law in connection with a particular mission are not considered to be recipients; the processing of such data by the said authorities shall be in accordance with the applicable data protection rules in accordance with the purposes of the processing.
"Third party" means a natural or legal person, public authority, body other than the data subject, the controller, the processor and the persons authorized under the direct responsibility of the controller or processor to process the personal data.
A "consent" of the data subject is any expression of will voluntarily given in a specific, unequivocal and unambiguous manner in the form of a statement or other unambiguous confirmatory act that indicates to the data subject that they are involved in the processing of the data subject personal data.
In the following we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is e.g Name, address, e-mail addresses and user behavior.
In the case of merely informative use of the website, i.e if you do not register or apply to an university or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data which is technically necessary for us to inform you about our website and to ensure its stability and security.
1) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when using our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, assigned to the browser you are using, and that provide certain information to the body that sets the cookie. Cookies can not run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
2) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and operation of which are explained below:
a. Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
b. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
c. You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes i.e. decline the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. So called "Third Party Cookies" are cookies that have been set by a third party, and therefore not by the actual website on which you are currently located. Please note that disabling cookies may not enable you to use all features of this website.
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you will generally need to provide other personal information that we use to provide the service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In part, we use to process your data from external service providers. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly inspected.
(3) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties, if action participations, competitions, contracts or similar services are offered by us together with partners. For more information, please refer to your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
When contacting us by e-mail or using a contact form, the information you provide (your e-mail address, your name and your telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us to answer your questions. We delete the data in this connection after the storage is no longer required, or the processing is restricted, if legal storage obligations exist.
In order to use the advanced services of the offer, you must first register on our website. For this, the following data (hereinafter referred to as "inventory data") is requested:
We delete the data in this connection after the storage is no longer required, or the processing is restricted, if legal storage obligations exist. The individual data fields can be viewed on the registration form. Your consent to the processing of this personal data is requested on the form.
If the processing of the personal data is based on a given consent, you have the right to revoke the consent at any time. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation. For the exercise of the right of withdrawal, you can always contact us.
You have the right to ask the person in charge to confirm that we are processing personal data concerning you. You can request confirmation at any time using the contact details above.
If personal data is processed, you can request information about this personal data and the following information at any time:
If personal data is transmitted to a third country or to an international organization, you have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards under Article 46 of the GDPR in connection with the transfer. We provide a copy of the personal data that is the subject of the processing. For any additional copies you request of a person, we may charge a reasonable fee based on the administrative costs. If the application is submitted electronically, the information must be provided in a standard electronic format, unless otherwise stated. The right to receive a copy under paragraph 3 shall not affect the rights and freedoms of others.
You have the right to demand immediate correction of incorrect personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of processing, you have the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data, including by means of a supplementary statement.
You have the right to request that the person responsible for your personal data be deleted immediately and we are obliged to delete personal data immediately if one of the following applies:
If the controller has made the personal data publicly available and is required to erase it in accordance with paragraph 1, taking into account the technology available and the implementation costs, he shall take appropriate measures, including technical ones, to inform data controllers who process the personal data to inform that an affected person has requested that they delete all links to such personal data or copies or replications of such personal data.
The right to cancel ("right to be forgotten") does not exist if the processing is required:
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data if any of the following conditions apply:
If the processing has been restricted in accordance with the above-mentioned conditions, these personal data will only be stored with the consent of the data subject or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons important public interest of the Union or of a Member State.
In order to exercise the right to limit processing, the data subject may contact us at any time using the contact details provided above.
You have the right to receive the Personal Data You provide to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transfer that information to another person without hindrance by the controller providing the Personal Information were to be transmitted, provided that:
When exercising the right to data portability in accordance with paragraph 1, you have the right to obtain that the personal data are transmitted directly from one controller to another, as far as technically feasible. The exercise of the right to data portability is without prejudice to the right of cancellation (the right to be forgotten). This right does not apply to processing necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority delegated to the controller.
You have the right, for reasons of your own particular situation, to object at any time to the processing of personal data relating to you pursuant to Article 6 (1) (e) or (f) of the GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. The controller no longer processes the personal data unless he can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing is for the purpose of enforcing, pursuing or defending legal claims.
If personal data is processed in order to operate direct mail, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling insofar as it is associated with such direct mail. If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
Regarding the use of information society services, regardless of Directive 2002/58 / EC, you can exercise your right to object through automated procedures that use technical specifications.
You have the right, for reasons of your own particular situation, to object to the processing of personal data concerning you for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes under Article 89 (1), except when: the processing is necessary to fulfill a public interest task. The right of objection can be exercised at any time by contacting the respective person responsible.
You have the right not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing - including profiling - that will have legal effect or similarly affect you in a similar manner. This does not apply if the decision:
Is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between the data subject and the controller,
is permitted by Union or Member State legislation to which the controller is subject, and where such legislation contains appropriate measures to safeguard the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of the data subject, or with the express consent of the data subject.
The controller shall take reasonable steps to safeguard the rights and freedoms and legitimate interests of the data subject, including at least the right to obtain the intervention of a person by the controller, to express his or her own position and to challenge the decision.
This right can be exercised by the data subject at any time by addressing himself to the responsible person.
Furthermore, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, they shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of their residence, place of work or place of alleged infringement, if the person concerned considers that the processing of personal data in breach of this Regulation.
Without prejudice to any administrative or extrajudicial remedy available, including the right to complain to a supervisory authority under Article 77 of the GDPR, it shall have the right to an effective judicial remedy if it considers that the rights conferred on it under that Regulation are not complied with infringement of the processing of their personal data.
You can opt-out of all Adroll related services under this opt-out link.
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in the event of activation of IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website usage and internet usage to the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data provided by Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest extent possible. You may also prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by using the browser plug-in available under the following link. http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp ()". As a result, IP addresses are processed shortened, a person-relatedness can be excluded. Insofar as the data collected about you is assigned a personal reference, it will be immediately excluded and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. With the statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which Personal Information is transferred to the US, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO.
(6) Third-party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
(1) On this website we use the offer of Google Maps. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly in the website and allow you to conveniently use the map feature.
(2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This is done regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in to, or if there is no user account. When you're logged in to Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and / or tailor-made website design. Such an evaluation is done in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide appropriate advertising and to inform other users of the social network about their activities on our website. You have a right of objection to the formation of these user profiles, and you must comply with this to Google.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Smartlook’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Smartlook’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by following this opt-out link .
We use the online advertising program "Google AdWords" and conversion tracking as part of Google AdWords. Google Conversion Tracking is an analytical service provided by Google LLC, Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google“). When you click on a Google ad, a cookie for conversion tracking is stored on your computer. The cookies expire after 30 days. These cookies do not contain personal data and cannot be used to identify you.
If you visit certain pages of our website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and RocApply can detect that you have clicked on the ad and were re-directed to this page. Every Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. It is not possible, therefore, to track cookies via the websites of AdWords customers. The information obtained by the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who utilize conversion tracking. With a conversion tracking tag, customers can see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were re-directed to their page. They do not, however, receive information that can personally identify users.
We use the remarketing or “similar target group” function provided by Google LLC, Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google“) on our websites. This feature enables us to provide users of our website with targeted advertising by displaying personalized, interest-based advertisements when you visit other websites in the Google Display Network.
Due to our legitimate interest in the analysis, optimization and economic operation of our online offer and for these purposes within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) f. of the GDPR we use the so-called "Facebook pixel" of the social network Facebook, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA, or if you are a resident of the EU, Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Facebook").
With the help of the Facebook pixel, Facebook is on the one hand able to determine the visitors of our online offer as a target group for the presentation of advertisements (so-called "Facebook Ads"). Accordingly, we use the Facebook pixel to display our Facebook Ads only to Facebook users who have shown an interest in our Websites or who have specific characteristics (e. g. interests in certain topics or products determined by the websites visited) that we submit to Facebook (so-called "custom audiences"). With the help of the Facebook pixel, we also want to make sure that our Facebook Ads are in line with the potential interest of users and do not have a nuisance effect. Using the Facebook pixel, we can also track the effectiveness of Facebook Ads for statistical and market research purposes by seeing whether users have been redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook Ad (so-called "conversion").
The Facebook pixel is directly integrated into our web pages by Facebook and can store a so-called cookie, i. e. a small file, on your device. If you then log in to Facebook or visit Facebook when you are logged in, your visit to our online offer will be noted in your profile. The data collected about you is anonymous for us, i. e. it does not allow us to draw conclusions about the identity of the users. However, the data is stored and processed by Facebook so that it can be linked to the respective user profile and used by Facebook as well as for its own market research and advertising purposes. If we transfer data to Facebook for comparison purposes, it is encrypted locally in the browser and only then sent to Facebook via a secure https connection. This is done with the sole purpose of matching the data encrypted by Facebook.
You may object to the collection by the Facebook pixel and use of your data to display Facebook ads. To set what kind of ads you see on Facebook, you can go to the page set up by Facebook and follow the instructions on how to set up use-based advertising.
When applying to Universities via our Application Page, we will send you email to the email address provided by you with your chosen program and further study related information. By applying through our platform you are giving us permission to:
We use external service providers (processors) i.e. for the uploading and merging of multiple files. Separate order data processing agreements have been entered into with the service providers to ensure the protection of your personal data.
We work together with the following service providers with whom we also have data processing agreements: