It's been a tough time and as we continue to be very cautious, we have great news, students will be able to travel to study in North Cyprus starting from September 2020 meaning that the borders will be open for entry.
According to the Ministry of National Education and Culture international students who travel from September will not need or be required to quarantine. In case there is a need for students to be Quarantined RocApply together with its partner universities will provide 14-day accommodation for free.
The North Cyprus Government will give 500.00 Lira to all students flying in and registering this semester. The money will be deposited in their accounts and can be used for shopping and other things. All students arriving will also be tested for Covid-19 at the airport for free.
Flights to North Cyprus are expected to resume in August 2020. Please don't hesitate to email our team at [email protected] for more information.
Our team is looking forward to helping you and your friends with your study application processes and making sure that they go as smoothly as possible.
Therefore all those students who have secured acceptance letters may go ahead and make the tuition fee payment in order to start the visa processes in time.
In the event that you are having difficulties processing your tuition fees please use the RocApply payment options and our team will help you process all the payments for you.
RocApply payment Options: https://www.rocapply.com/study-in-north-cyprus/payment-options.html
Latest Update as of 22.09.2020: Students allowed to fly into NorthCyprus as of 12 October 2020
- 1- The quarantine decisions taken until 20 September 2020, will be extended until 01 October 2020 at 23:59.
- 2- Distributing brochures by hand during the election and referendum propaganda will increase the risk of contamination, so this practice should not be carried out.
- 3- More frequent and continuous inspections of taverns, restaurants and be offices by municipalities; closing down businesses that do not comply with the rules.
- 4- Due to disregard of distance rules, bars will be closed until 01 October 2020.
5- Students who will enter our country from B and C group countries will be able to enter the country by giving the PCR test results, which is made within 0-120 hours before the boarding date, and the result is negative, to the officers when they enter TRNC.
Those coming from countries in group B will stay in quarantine for 7 days, and those coming from countries in group C for 14 days.
6- Everyone in quarantine will be tested for PCR at the end of their quarantine period (at the end of the 7th day or the end of the 14th day). It was decided to complete the quarantine periods provided that the PCR test results obtained at the end of the quarantine were negative.
- 5- Students who will enter our country from B and C group countries will be able to enter the country by giving the PCR test results, which is made within 0-120 hours before the boarding date, and the result is negative, to the officers when they enter TRNC.
- Those coming from countries in group B will stay in quarantine for 7 days, and those coming from countries in group C for 14 days.
- 6- Everyone in quarantine will be tested for PCR at the end of their quarantine period (at the end of the 7th day or the end of the 14th day). It was decided to complete the quarantine periods provided that the PCR test results obtained at the end of the quarantine were negative.
Update as of 09.09.2020 (This page keeps being updated with new information therefore please keep checking)
[The Final Decisions [9 September 2020] Taken by the Communicable Diseases Supreme Committee under the Communicable Diseases Act 45/2018]
These decisions are listed below:
- 1. Banning of entertainment venues (club, disco, casino, bingo, cinema, theater, fairs, etc.) until October 1, 2020.
- 2. Tables in bars, restaurants, and taverns should not be larger than 6 people and the tables should be arranged at a distance of 2m. The same table arrangements go for the bars as well. In addition to that, standing customers will not be allowed.
- 3. Warning hairdressers, beauty centers, and barbers to comply with the rules; serious inspections will be done by the municipality, Ministry of Labor, security forces, etc.
- 4. Massaging salons are to be closed.
- 5. Prohibition of birthdays, circumcision ceremonies, weddings, religious prayers, and mass worship until 01 October 2020; restricting funeral ceremonies to the participation of First Degree relatives only.
- 6. Postponing the activities of all educational institutions (including private teaching institutions, study centers, course locations) until October 1, 2020, except for institutions providing special education and kindergartens (ages 0-3).
- 7. Training, competitions, indoor sports, and camps are not to be held until October 1, 2020. Continuation of individual sports are to be outdoors; for the gyms (with the condition that there is a maximum of 25 people in gyms of 200m2 and above, max 15 people for gyms between 100-200m2, max 10 people for gyms between 50-100m2, max 5 people in 50m2). Matches are to be without any spectators.
- 8. Considering the quarantine capacity, the Ministry of Finance will limit the flights to two flights a day and the arrival of a ship to be once a day (75 passengers), provided that the persons coming to our country remain in quarantine. There will be limitations or cancellation of flights and the arrival of ships in the case where quarantine accommodations for more passengers cannot be provided.
- 9. Playgrounds and parks are to be closed (indoor or outdoor) until October 1.
- 10. Regarding the students coming after September 20th (except in the case of necessity), they will be quarantined for 7 days by the inspected and approved dormitories or hotels chosen by the universities. The number of students might also be limited due to accommodation spaces exceeding capacity.
- 11. The cancellation of the rally and mass meetings until 1 October, the TV programs to be made on the television screens with a maximum of 3 people in studios with an area of 15-25m2, a maximum of 5 people in studios with an area of 25-50m2, and a maximum of 10 people in studios with an area of 50-100m2 to air the programs (the presenter and cameraman are included in the number of people).
** SIDE NOTE: Currently, and additionally, the authorities have canceled all incoming flights, because the quarantine hotels are currently full.
Point 10 as we understand from the Turkish text, implies that the authorities do not want students coming before the 20th of September, unless if necessary. After the 20th of September, they may come and they'll be put in the quarantine centers of their universities.
*This is an official public statement from the Republic of North Cyprus, RocApply team, and its partner institutions.