It's been a tough time and as we continue to be very cautious, we have great news, students will be able to travel to study in North Cyprus starting from September 2020 meaning that the borders will be open for entry.
According to the Ministry of National Education and Culture international students who travel from September will not need or be required to quarantine. In case there is a need for students to be Quarantined RocApply together with its partner universities will provide 14-day accommodation for free.
The North Cyprus Government will give 500.00 Lira to all students flying in and registering this semester. The money will be deposited in their accounts and can be used for shopping and other things. All students arriving will also be tested for Covid-19 at the airport for free.
Flights to North Cyprus are expected to resume in August 2020. Please don't hesitate to email our team at [email protected] for more information.
Our team is looking forward to helping you and your friends with your study application processes and making sure that they go as smoothly as possible.
Therefore all those students who have secured acceptance letters may go ahead and make the tuition fee payment in order to start the visa processes in time.
In the event that you are having difficulties processing your tuition fees please use the RocApply payment options and our team will help you process all the payments for you.
RocApply payment Options: https://www.rocapply.com/study-in-north-cyprus/payment-options.html
Latest Update as of 13.10.2020: Students from all over the world allowed to fly into NorthCyprus.
For students coming from the countries in category C, it is obligatory to submit the PCR test result, which is made between 0-120 hours before the boarding date and whose result is negative, to the Ministry of Health officials when they enter the TRNC at ERCAN Airport. These persons will be quarantined in a quarantine center determined by the Ministry of Health for 14 days free of charge and the PCR test will be done at the end of quarantine.
UPDATED COVID-19 RISK CATEGORIES AND TRAVEL APPLICATIONS ON 22/9/2020
According to the risk assessment of 22 September 2020, the categories of many countries have changed. These applications will enter into force on September 25, at 23.59.
- 1. Finland
- 2. South Korea
- 3. Lithuania
- 4. Latvia
- 5.New Zealand
- 6. Thailand
- 7. Australia
* From the countries in category A, those who come to the TRNC via Southern Cyprus and show the negative PCR test results made in the last 72 hours as a document to the Ministry of Health officer at the door, will be able to enter the country.
İf the people from countries in Category A , come to Northern Cyprus via Turkey ,the category B rules will be applied them.
* People who work, receive education and treatment in Southern Cyprus and those who travel south due to other reasons will be able to continue their journey to Southern Cyprus by having a PCR test only once. However, random PCR tests will be done to these people. Also, everyone living in Southern Cyprus will be able to enter TRNC , by showing a negative PCR result only once.
* All citizens residing in Pile will be able to continuously switch to Pile or from Pile to the North, provided that they show a PCR negative test result for once on their first pass.
Personnel of diplomatic mission, UN, EU, British Bases Area and similar international organizations in Cyprus will be asked to show a negative PCR result only once at the first pass. These people will also be tested for random PCR.
- 1. Denmark
- 3. Iceland
- 4. Japan
- 7. Italy
- 8. Vatican
- 9. San Marino
- 10. Rwanda
- 11. Uruguay
- 12. China (Including Hong Kong )
- 13. Singapore
- 14. Turkey
- 15. Greece
- 16. United Kingdom (England,Galler,Scotland,North Ireland )
- 17. Sweden
- 18. Liechtenstein
- 19. Slovakia
- 20. Germany
- 21. Georgia
- 22. Estonia
- 23. Norvay
- 25. Serbia
Persons coming to TRNC from countries in category B
a) They will be able to enter the country by submitting the negative PCR test result they have done between 0-120 hours before the travel start date, to the Ministry of Health officer at the door as a document, and if they do not, they will not be taken into the country. However, those coming from countries in group B will be quarantined in quarantine centers determined by the state for 7 days after entering the country. On the 7th day of the quarantine. the PCR test will be performed ant the quarantine will be terminated according to the result.
b) Formally commissioned persons for a 72 hours period, from TRNC to Turkey or from Turkey to TRNC will not be quarantined if they implement the measures necessary condition for the task and return to their countries in 72 hours.
c) Students who will come to the TRNC due to their higher education will be isolated for 7 days in the dormitories or hotels designated by the University.
d) The quarantine applications of those who go abroad for health reasons will be evaluated if they apply to the Ministry of Health
* People coming from Taiwan will be asked to receive a document in English from the local government, showing that they have been in Taiwan for the last 14 days.
- 1. United States of America
- 2. Brazil
- 3. Argentina
- 4. Montenegro
- 5. Portugal
- 9. Iran
- 10. Israel
- 11. Kazakhstan
- 12. Kosovo
- 13. Mexico
- 14. Egypt
- 15. Pakistan
- 16. Russia
- 17. Turkmenistan
- 18. Bangladesh
- 19. Philippines
- 20. Iraq
- 21. Spain
- 22. France
- 23. Bulgaria
- 24. Algeria
- 26. Qatar
- 27. Azerbaijan
- 28. Malta
- 29. Croatia
- 30. The Netherlands
- 31. Andorra
- 32. Tunisia
- 33. United Arab Emirates
- 34. Lebanon
- 35. Ukraine
- 36. Bahrain
- 37. Saudi Arabia
- 38. Switzerland
- 39. Monaco
- 40. Hungary
- 41. Slovenia
- 42. Czech Repuplic
- 43. Austria
- and other countries
For those coming from the countries in category C, it is obligatory to submit the PCR test result, which is made between 0-120 hours before the boarding date and whose result is negative, to the Ministry of Health officials when they enter the TRNC. These persons will be quarantined in a quarantine center determined by the Ministry of Health for 14 days and PCR test will be done at the end of the quarantine
1- PCR test results will not be requested from children in the 0-5 age group who will enter the country.
2- The three to five days before the boarding date stated above will be evaluated based on the date of delivery of the PCR samples.
3- PCR test results obtained from B and C group countries 6 days before or older than the travel date will not be considered valid for entry into the country. People who submit tests in this way will not be admitted to the country.
4-In accordance with the decision taken following the meeting between the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Interior, people arriving from countries in Category B who will be working at night clubs will be in quarantine for 7 days upon their arrival, even if they stayed in Turkey for a period of two weeks prior to their arrival to the TRNC. Those traveling from a country in Category C will be in quarantine for 14 days. All must provide a negative PCR test result upon entrance (travelers from Category B and Category C), bearing in mind that the tests should be conducted within a period of 3 to 5 days prior to the boarding date.
5-Passengers coming from Turkey to the TRNC has obligation QR code on the PCR test results.
Latest Update as of 22.09.2020: Students allowed to fly into NorthCyprus as of 12 October 2020
- 1- The quarantine decisions taken until 20 September 2020, will be extended until 01 October 2020 at 23:59.
- 2- Distributing brochures by hand during the election and referendum propaganda will increase the risk of contamination, so this practice should not be carried out.
- 3- More frequent and continuous inspections of taverns, restaurants and be offices by municipalities; closing down businesses that do not comply with the rules.
- 4- Due to disregard of distance rules, bars will be closed until 01 October 2020.
5- Students who will enter our country from B and C group countries will be able to enter the country by giving the PCR test results, which is made within 0-120 hours before the boarding date, and the result is negative, to the officers when they enter TRNC.
Those coming from countries in group B will stay in quarantine for 7 days, and those coming from countries in group C for 14 days.
6- Everyone in quarantine will be tested for PCR at the end of their quarantine period (at the end of the 7th day or the end of the 14th day). It was decided to complete the quarantine periods provided that the PCR test results obtained at the end of the quarantine were negative.
- 5- Students who will enter our country from B and C group countries will be able to enter the country by giving the PCR test results, which is made within 0-120 hours before the boarding date, and the result is negative, to the officers when they enter TRNC.
- Those coming from countries in group B will stay in quarantine for 7 days, and those coming from countries in group C for 14 days.
- 6- Everyone in quarantine will be tested for PCR at the end of their quarantine period (at the end of the 7th day or the end of the 14th day). It was decided to complete the quarantine periods provided that the PCR test results obtained at the end of the quarantine were negative.
Update as of 09.09.2020 (This page keeps being updated with new information therefore please keep checking)
[The Final Decisions [9 September 2020] Taken by the Communicable Diseases Supreme Committee under the Communicable Diseases Act 45/2018]
These decisions are listed below:
- 1. Banning of entertainment venues (club, disco, casino, bingo, cinema, theater, fairs, etc.) until October 1, 2020.
- 2. Tables in bars, restaurants, and taverns should not be larger than 6 people and the tables should be arranged at a distance of 2m. The same table arrangements go for the bars as well. In addition to that, standing customers will not be allowed.
- 3. Warning hairdressers, beauty centers, and barbers to comply with the rules; serious inspections will be done by the municipality, Ministry of Labor, security forces, etc.
- 4. Massaging salons are to be closed.
- 5. Prohibition of birthdays, circumcision ceremonies, weddings, religious prayers, and mass worship until 01 October 2020; restricting funeral ceremonies to the participation of First Degree relatives only.
- 6. Postponing the activities of all educational institutions (including private teaching institutions, study centers, course locations) until October 1, 2020, except for institutions providing special education and kindergartens (ages 0-3).
- 7. Training, competitions, indoor sports, and camps are not to be held until October 1, 2020. Continuation of individual sports are to be outdoors; for the gyms (with the condition that there is a maximum of 25 people in gyms of 200m2 and above, max 15 people for gyms between 100-200m2, max 10 people for gyms between 50-100m2, max 5 people in 50m2). Matches are to be without any spectators.
- 8. Considering the quarantine capacity, the Ministry of Finance will limit the flights to two flights a day and the arrival of a ship to be once a day (75 passengers), provided that the persons coming to our country remain in quarantine. There will be limitations or cancellation of flights and the arrival of ships in the case where quarantine accommodations for more passengers cannot be provided.
- 9. Playgrounds and parks are to be closed (indoor or outdoor) until October 1.
- 10. Regarding the students coming after September 20th (except in the case of necessity), they will be quarantined for 7 days by the inspected and approved dormitories or hotels chosen by the universities. The number of students might also be limited due to accommodation spaces exceeding capacity.
- 11. The cancellation of the rally and mass meetings until 1 October, the TV programs to be made on the television screens with a maximum of 3 people in studios with an area of 15-25m2, a maximum of 5 people in studios with an area of 25-50m2, and a maximum of 10 people in studios with an area of 50-100m2 to air the programs (the presenter and cameraman are included in the number of people).
** SIDE NOTE: Currently, and additionally, the authorities have canceled all incoming flights, because the quarantine hotels are currently full.
Point 10 as we understand from the Turkish text, implies that the authorities do not want students coming before the 20th of September, unless if necessary. After the 20th of September, they may come and they'll be put in the quarantine centers of their universities.
*This is an official public statement from the Republic of North Cyprus, RocApply team, and its partner institutions.
In line with the new DECISIONS of government, students from all the countries are allowed to enter North Cyprus from the beginning of September with many privileges and support from the government under the "Student Friendly Island" project,