No study visa is needed before your arrival in Macau. The University Student Resources and Services Section arranges the study visa application for all international students upon arrival in Macau.
However, you might need an Entry Visa into the country. Students will enter Macau with an Entry Visa and might be requested to show their letter of Acceptance at the Macau Immigration Border. This Letter will be sent to you after the confirmation of the faculty acceptance
The following countries are exempt from requiring a visa to Macau of Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech, Cyprus, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Slovak, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Tanzania and the United Kingdom for a stay up to 90 days. Nationals from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Namibia, New Zealand, Philippines, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the United States of America and Uruguay are exempted for a stay up to 30 days.
Nationals from China with valid Macau entry/depart documents, including residents of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and overseas Chinese for a stay of up to 30 days. Also exempted are holders of Diplomatic Passport or "Laissez Passer" issued by the United Nations.
Visas can be obtained from the Immigration Services, at Macanese Embassy or Consulates and should be used within the specified periods. Visas are also available on arrival in Macau at the Immigration Services for a period of 30 days. There are three types of Visas in Macau and these include:
Individual visa- for individual traveler for a single stay of up to 30 days in Macau, it costs MOP 100,
Family visa- for couples, husband travelling with wife and or children (under 12 years of age) of same surname or on proof of their relationship. It costs MOP 200
Group visa- for bonafide groups of 10 or more and children aged 12 or under. It costs MOP 50 per person
Note: Visa application can be accepted or denied by the relevant authorities.
MACAU student visa
To be eligible for or to apply for a Macau Visa the following are a prerequisite.
- must have a passport that is valid for at least six months
- Have an acceptance letter from the university of enrollment.
- They must also have a plane ticket and a transit visa, depending on location.
- Students also have to show proof of funds to cover their trip.
- Proof of approved accommodation booking
- Recently taken passport size photographs.
- Routine vaccination certificates.
- Letter of invitation, for study and business visa.
- Contact details, and next of kin details or those of contact person in Macau.
- Original copy of the Travel Documents (e.g. Passport)
- Testimonial issued by the Registry of the University of Macau
- 1 Passport Photo (white background, 1.5 inch)
- Original and copy of the latest Slip of Authorization to Stay-given on arrival