To study in Kyrgyzstan you need a Kyrgyz Student visa or permit depending on where you are coming from. RocApply is glad to assist you in figuring the best way to obtain your student visa with much hassling!
To apply for a student visa, you require a passport valid for at least six months after your intended return from Kyrgyzstan. You will need to enter Kyrgyzstan on a standard tourist visa, then proceed to register your name and address at the nearest local police station within seven days of your arrival.
Kyrgyz temporary residence permit for students
It is granted for two years and may be renewable. The necessary documents of the country of origin to be presented for the Kyrgyz temporary student residence permit are:
- Birth certificate with Apostille
- Police record certificate, with Apostille
- Certificate of Marriage or Divorce, with Apostille, if applicable
If the applicant intends to conduct university studies: must provide their certificate of studies and title of the High School, with the Apostille validation.
If the applicant intends to carry out its primary or secondary school studies: their parents or guardians must sign an Affidavit of Support Declaration, before a local notary public. Other, necessary documents for the process of obtaining a student visa in Kyrgyzstan are present in this guide.
Concurrent to this, you will need to fill out a visa application form which should be available through the institution at which you are studying or through the Immigrations Web portal.
In general, you will need to provide your application form, passport, and a passport-size photo to an office of the Ministry of the Interior to finalize your application. The application fees will likely linger around USD 40 to USD 50.
Requirements of Student Entry in Kyrgyzstan
Any foreign national intending to enter into Kyrgyzstan for purposes of study should:
- Obtain a Kyrgyz visa (if applicable) to facilitate their entry into the country.
- Enter into Kyrgyzstan from and through only authorized ports of entry.
- Present a valid passport to the Immigration officer at the port of entry.
- Declare the purpose of entry into Kyrgyzstan and intended the institution of training.
- Proceed to the designated immigration office after entry and obtain a student pass for study in Kyrgyzstan.
What qualifies you for a student visa in Kyrgyzstan?
The following criteria must be met.
- A letter of acceptance must be provided demonstrating that an applicant has been offered a place on a full-time course of study at a recognized educational institution.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate evidence of enough funds to support themselves in the country.
- It must be shown that the course fees have been paid in full.
- Private medical insurance must be arranged and documentary evidence of this must be provided.
- It must be the candidate's demonstrable intention to return to their own country at the end of their period of study.
- All immigrants in Kyrgyzstan should respect and oblige with national immigration laws, guidelines, and formalities.
- The study must be undertaken from only approved and licensed training institutions.
RocApply Disclaimer: The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith. The information presented is subject to change due to national policy and review.
While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners of this website for any errors, omissions, or outdated information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.
The viewer of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources, or the user's government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.