Ghana student visa
The Ghanaian visa process for students is not too stringent. For a prospective student to obtain a Ghanaian Visa, the students should have:
- An offer letter or admission letter from a recognised and accredited institution that includes the dates of engagement.
- A valid travel document or passport. This must be valid for at least 6 months.
- Proof of payment or an exemption of the fees required for the study or course
- Proof of guarantee of accommodation.
- An application form that has been fully completed and must be in duplicate. Details on the application letter should highlight fully the country of origin, the date of arrival and the duration of the stay in Ghana, the purpose of entry, the address where the prospective student will be accommodated, telephone number, and the email address.
- Two passport-sized photos taken not more than 6 months before the application. These should show the full face without any hat, cap, or sunglasses.
- Photocopy of travel itinerary
- A copy of a permanent residence card if already issued.
- Three-month bank statement.
Yellow fever vaccination-all prospective students must have a valid yellow fever immunization certificate. This is in line with international health regulations. Students will not be allowed a Visa if they have not been immunized for yellow fever.
Students are encouraged to visit the Ghanaian embassy or apply online before the can travel to Ghana or obtain one at the port of entry on arrival. It is also important to obtain all the necessary information or keep abreast of any changes before they travel.
Minors and children under the age of 18 must-have parental authorization, parent’s passports, and residence permits.
Application for Ghanaian Visa is seamless and mostly takes 7 working days upon application for submission or upon arrival which is usually valid for 14 days. Visa to Ghana can cost an official amount of up to $150 per individual.
Some countries are exempted from visa requirements and these include Rwanda, Kenya, Lesotho, Namibia, Singapore, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Seychelles, Malawi, and Egypt to name but a few.
Tips for quick and seamless visa applications.
- Have proper documentation
- Attach all the relevant documents i.e. passport copy, passport photos, and travel itinerary. Etc.
- Input all the necessary information
- The application letter should include all details
- Apply on time.
- Above all, ensure that you keep abreast of any changes in the requirements by checking with the Ghanaian embassy or online.
Note that Visa application may be accepted or denied by the relevant authorities