China Visa Requirements
Acquiring a study visa for China is far easy than you can imagine. The China embassies give important priority to students prospecting to study in China than anything else. You will however be required to make your application in time to pave for adequate processing time, preferably 90 days prior travelling. Upon application you’re expected to provide the following documents at the China embassy;
- Original passport (valid up to at least six months with at least one blank page)
- Completed Application Form
- One passport type photograph
- Original and a copy of acceptance letter from the university
- Proof of paying the visa application fee (around 60 USD)
- A photocopy of previous Chinese passports (only applicable to foreign citizens who were once Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship)
- Proof of legal status in the country where you’re applying for the visa, such as a resident permit (if you’re applying for the VISA outside your country of citizenship)
- Copy of airplane tickets and accommodation arrangements (RocApply will help you with this)
Please note that applicants who are over 18 years old and will study in China for more than 180 days need to provide a valid physical examination record. Usually all Chinese embassies are very efficient and the processing time for a visa may only take one week or even less.
Upon arrival, all international students are required to obtain a residence permit and this is often done with the assistance of university international students office, however, students are also encouraged to contact the RocApply team is they require assistance.