Student Jobs in Germany
As an international student, you are allowed to take up part-time employment along with your studies while in Germany.There are multiple ways of earning money while you are studying in Germany. You could seek part-time employement here as a waiting staff, academic assistants or private tutors. A knowledge of German will improve your chances of finding a part-time job.
Typically, as per university regulations, a student would not be allowed to work for more than 20 hours in a week during term. Albeit, students however, can take up full-time employment during vacations. If you are enrolled in a preparatory course, the regulations are a bit tighter in regard to the maximum working hours. As such, you are allowed only to work during the lecture-free periods and only with explicit permission to do so from the foreign authority in Germany.
Usually, the job of teaching/ graduate assistants are open to research scholars and pay decent enough money. These jobs include assisting the professor with marking their copies, giving tutorials or prepare research literature, as supervisors, as librarians amongst many. On a hierarchy of the kinds of jobs available, these are at the top of the line in Germany. You have to be really good and apply early to get one. It can’t get any better. For any additional information regarding student jobs in Germany simply contact RocApply.
So how do I get the job?
As RocApply we have gathered a few pointers to assist students when searching or work in Germany. These include but are not limited to:
- Always have your CV in you well written and referenced.
- Keep on the lookout or posts or vacancies firstly in campus then beyond
- Learn the local language and get more up and close with local residents.
- Look or openings around your residence to cut down transport costs and this even allows you to work late
- Some places to seek employment include cafes, bars, restaurants, supermarkets, clothing stores, the library, car wash, farms.
- Always be willing to get your hands dirty don’t be picky about job opportunities that come your way, be it housekeeping, fruit picking, waitering etc.