It is never easy to understand how to get a student visa abroad, in DRC the procedures are don’t take long. We have decided to write a functional guide to help you understand the essential procedures and actions step by step.
There are many excellent universities in DRC. The universities, colleges, and schools are well-known in the academic community. A vast number of international students are willing to get an education in the best universities here.
To study in one of these universities, international students must get a Congolese student visa depending on their country of origin. RocApply has made it easy for you to follow what documentation may be needed upon visa application on this guide! It is, however, advised to always check with the consulate/embassy for more details on visa requirements.
Requirements of Student Entry In Madagascar
Any foreign national intending to enter into Madagascar for purposes of study should:
- Obtain a Congolese visa (if applicable) to facilitate his /her entry into the country.
- Enter into DRC from and through only authorized ports of entry.
- Present valid passport to the Immigration officer at port of entry.
- Declare purpose of entry into DRC and intended institution of training.
- Proceed to designated immigration office after entry and obtain student pass for study in DRC.
The following criteria must be met.
- A letter of acceptance must be provided demonstrating that an applicant has been offered a place on a full-time course of study at a recognised educational institution.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate evidence of enough funds to support themselves in the country.
- It must be shown that the course fees have been paid in full.
- Private medical insurance must be arranged and documentary evidence of this must be provided.
- It must be the candidate's demonstrable intention to return to their own country at the end of their period of study.
- All immigrants in DRC should respect and oblige with national immigration laws, guidelines and formalities.
- Visas and Student passes do not permit gainful or voluntary employment in DRC.
- All SADC community nationals studying or seeking to study in DRC, must obtain student passes from designated immigration offices.
- Study must be undertaken from only approved and licensed training institutions.
Please note that Consular/Embassy authorities may require supplementary or additional documents where deemed necessary. Applications and documents have to be submitted directly at the visa appointment.
The visa department conducts visa appointments on Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 4 pm. You are encouraged to submit applications at least 30 days before the date of the proposed trip and not to make any irreversible travel plans before the issuing of the visa.
The other documentation you need can be arranged at the embassy and will depend on the type of study you are going to undertake. The regular visa process takes 7-10 working days. In some cases, it will require 30-50 days.
You will be notified in such cases. The visa cost may be between $50 to $70 USD depending on your country of origin.
RocApply Disclaimer: The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith. The infomation presented is subject to change due to national policy and review.
While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions or outdated information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.
The viewer of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources or the user's own government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.