If International students who intend to study in Tuvalu, then they must apply for Student Visa. The Tuvalu Study Visa is only issued by the Tuvalu Immigration Department. The initial step is to fill the Application Form at least three months before the course start date in order to avoid any delay or last minute rush and then submit it to the Immigration Department through your regional consulate.
Follow these simple steps to apply for study visa in Tuvalu-
- Fill out the application forms.
- After completing the forms, directly submit it to the Immigration Department at least 3 months prior to the start of the course.
- All the forms must be tested by the Ministry of Education and it must be signed by the concerned College or University.
The following criteria must be met.
- A letter of acceptance must be provided demonstrating that an applicant has been offered a place on a full-time course of study at a recognized educational institution.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate evidence of enough funds to support themselves in the country.
- It must be shown that the course fees have been paid in full.
- Private medical insurance must be arranged and documentary evidence of this must be provided.
- It must be the candidate's demonstrable intention to return to their own country at the end of their period of study.
If the Ministry of Foreign Affairs authorizes the visa, you can then apply at one of the Embassies or Consulates near you by submitting the following documents:
- Proof of authorization from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (eg. Visa Authorization Number)
- Your Birth Certificate
- Your high school diploma or other previous academic qualifications
- A medical report issued by a certified medical practitioner which states you are not infected with any contagious diseases. The report must have been issued within the last three months.
- Police clearance, issued within the last six months
- If you are under the age of 18: Authorization to travel from your parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
Important things to note
Once you submit the completed application, you have to wait for one to seven days for the application to be processed, although it may take longer depending on the specific Embassy/Consulate. After your application has been processed, you can pick up your visa during the pick-up hours. Since different Embassies or Consulates may have their own rules and requirements, it is always advisable to contact them first. You’ll learn about whether you need to make an appointment, their opening hours, and their specific requirements.
ROCAPPLY DISCLAIMER: This is NOT an exhaustive list of required documents. The Tuvaluan authorities can ask you to submit any additional documents as they see fit during any stage of your application processing.