- Duration of study : 4 years
- Ages : 6-10 years
- Levels : Grades 1-4
- Primary Languages : English
- Terms: 2 semesters (fall and spring) or 3 semesters (fall, winter, and spring)
- Admission Term: Beginning of the term-fall.
Elementary school is known as K-5, meaning from kindergarten to the 5th grade. It usually has children from the ages of 5 or 6 to 10 years. In some districts, however, students attend elementary school until the age of 13 (grade 8) before they can attend a senior high school.
Elementary schools typically teach students from kindergarten to either grade five or six depending on differences in state policies, and whether kindergarten is compulsory or even offered. Kindergarten is traditionally structured as a pre-primary program but is often housed in elementary schools.
In elementary schools, students are taught basic arithmetic and sometimes algebra in mathematics, English proficiency, including basic grammar, spelling, and vocabulary, fundamental skills of reading, history, geography, crafts, music, science, art, and physical education or gym, and or Foreign languages, to mention but a few. The elementary school curriculum varies depending on the organization and educational aims of individual schools and local communities.
Examples of Public Elementary Schools in the United States of America are as follows:
Fox Meadow School
Fox Meadow School is a highly rated public school located in Scarsdale, New York. to state test scores, 91% of students are proficient in math and 87% in reading. The school provides education and services such as Library, Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy Services, School Nurse, School psychologists, and Speech and Language Services, to mention but a few.
- Established: 1928
- Location: Scarsdale, New York
- Grades: K-5
- Type: Public
- Student Population: 456+
- Student-Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Rankings: #2 of 2 459- Best Public Elementary Schools in New York, #814 of 2 797- Most Diverse Public Elementary Schools in New York
The curriculum here is made up of subjects including the Kindergarten Program, Art, English or Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Spanish, Technology, Music, and Physical Education, to mention but a few.
Pine View School
This is a school designed to meet the unique needs of intellectually gifted students in grades two through twelve. Children here are admitted based on a series of tests, recommendations, and other pertinent data that may be required by the State Department of Education.
- Established: 1969
- Location: Osprey, Florida
- Grades: 2-12
- Student population- 1925 (across all grades)
- Student-Teacher Ratio: 17:1
- Ranking: #1 of 2 191-Best Public Elementary Schools in Florida
BASIS Oro Valley Primary
This is aschool that engages students in hands-on, dynamic lessons using a rigorous curriculum with real-world applications. The school serves grades K-5. It offers a comprehensive, and advanced curriculum designed to prepare students for a brilliant future and challenges them to push themselves, ask questions, seek help, and never shy away from opportunities to reach their potential.
- Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
- Grades: K-5
- Student Population: 770
- Type: Public, Charter
- Ranking: #2 of 1214- Best Public Elementary Schools in Arizona, #2 of 275- Best Charter Elementary Schools in Arizona, #15 of 1 145- Best Public Elementary School Teachers in Arizona.
The school offers a variety of extracurricular activities and clubs including Advanced Chess Club, Animal Education Club, BASIS Culture Club, Beginning Band, Beginning Chess Club, Beginning Strings, BOSS Camp, Crochet Club, Drama Club, Entrepreneur Club, Environmental Club, Graphic Art Club, HERstory Club, Intermediate Band, Kenpo Lego Club, Math Buddies, Math Kangaroo, Music, and Movement Club, Reading Buddies Club, REEL Reading Club, Roller Skating Club, Soccer Club, Tasty Kids Nutrition Club, and Yoga Club, to mention but a few.
Benjamin Franklin Charter School
This is a top-rated tuition-free charter school Founded in 1995, with a curriculum is rooted in Traditional Education. It focuses on the foundational skills and knowledge needed to prepare students for the future. Its programs focus on both personal development and academics. The school offers both half and full-Day Kindergarten options for free.
- Established: 1995
- Location: Queen Creek, Arizona
- Type: Public, Charter
- Grades: K-6
- Students: 681+
- Rankings: #8 of 1145-Best Public Elementary School Teachers in Arizona, #29 of 275- Best Charter Elementary Schools in Arizona, #30 of 1 214-Best Public Elementary Schools in Arizona.
Programs offered here include the Gifted/ Talented Program, Before and After-School Care, Elementary Sports, Band and Orchestra, Music and P.E., and a variety of clubs, to mention but a few.
Besides these, there are many other elementary schools, both private and public, including:
- BASIS Scottsdale Primary - East Campus (K-4)
- BASIS Peoria Primary- (K-4)
- Robert Seaman Elementary School (K-5)
- Princeton Charter School (K-5)
- Great Hearts Academies - Archway Lincoln (K-5)
- Edgewood School (K-5)
- Lakeville Elementary School (K-5)
- Wandell School (K-5)
- Bright Beginnings School (K-6)
- Willits Elementary School (K-5)