When applying for admission into South Korean secondary schools, parents of prospective students should note some of the basic requirements for various schools here which are as follows:
- A completed, and signed Application Form.
- Proof Of Staying Overseas (3-year residency outside Korea as stipulated by Korean law).
- School Records for the last three years including report cards
- official transcripts, standardized test scores
- psychological testing results and any report of special services received (if applicable)
- Three recommendation letters from the previous school.
- Health History Record
- Passport and Foreign Registration Card (parents and student)
- Individual Screening
- Payment of non-refundable application fee.
- Sponsoring Organization Payment- If fees or tuition is paid by a sponsoring organization, the school requires written documentation from the organization
- a recent photo of the child for identification purposes.
- A passport-sized image in jpg format (not more than 10 MB).
- Official, valid Passport
- a pdf copy of the ID Page of the Applicant and both parents
- a Birth Certificate copy of the Korean Family Registry
- For students with dual citizenship, submit a certificate of entry and exit for each passport.
- Copy of valid Alien Registration Card (Foreign Parents)
- A Letter of attendance from the current international school stating the date of initial enrollment.
- Official report cards or transcripts showing completion of at least 6 semesters from a school abroad.
- Official letter of attendance from the school abroad.
- An Official Certificate of entry and exit (applicant and both parents).
- Official transcripts or report cards for current and previous 2 years (Grades 9 to 12).
- Confidential Recommendations
- Letter of Recommendation Forms.
- a copy of the student’s standardized test result(if applicable).
- Students valid visa
- study permit
- Proof of Residence in South Korea