So you’re interested in applying into a university program in South Korea, we are here to help you take your first steps into studying at one of South Korea’s prestigious universities. This is a review of the application procedure and requirements for acceptance into a degree program in the country.
Please note that application procedures and the checklist of documents vary from one university to the other and certain programs have additional requirements. Do due diligence to check with us on all matters that are specifically related to your intended course of study.
Application Procedure for South Korea Universities
Foreign students with foreign citizenship will be applying for international admissions which is a different application procedure than that of native citizens.
The next step is to choose your major of interest. You are required to choose a major when you apply, you can find links to all the programs that universities offer on our website under the “Programs” tab. Here you can also check out all the programs and courses that are taught in English.
Now you need to prepare your online application and documentation for submission. The online application on our platform is very simple ad straightforward. In South Korea, there is the need to pay an application fee as your application moves forward. A letter of recommendation is also required for all levels of study in South Korea, the letters are submitted via your online application, so be sure to speak with your previous advisors or educators in this regard.
Documents for Admission (Undergraduate, Graduate, and Postgraduate)
- You will need to prepare the following general documents for admission consideration in South Korea.
- An official copy of your high school transcript and graduation certificate to upload and also send by post. If your graduation status is pending at the time of application you can submit your partial transcript and a document from your school indicating the expected date of graduation.
- An official copy of your university transcript and degree certificate or its equivalent to upload and also send by post (For graduate and postgraduate students).
- An official copy of your master's certificate and transcript to upload and also send by post (For postgraduate students).
- You will need to prepare scanned copies of both you and your parents’ passport (if the applicant is a dependant). If the applicant is applying to graduate or post-graduate programs they only need to upload their passports. For those who do not have a passport, you will need to upload a copy of some sort of official documentation from your country which proves your citizenship.
- Other official documents indicating the parent-child relationship between the applicant and his/her parents. (for undergraduate applications).
- Standardized test results or documents showing academic or extracurricular achievements.
- Results from standardized college entrance tests such as SAT, ACT, and IB or others with score reporting services must be directly sent from the administering organization. For all other supplementary materials, scanned copies will be enough.
- Language Requirements: You will also need to make sure you have the minimum requirements for language proficiency for the language of instruction of your intended program.
-Korean Proficiency: TOPIK level 3 or higher
-English Proficiency: TOEFL iBT 80, IELTS 6.0 or higher, TEPS 551, New TEPS 300.
-Other official documents showing language proficiency in English or Korean.
Some colleges usually ask their applicants to show their portfolio or records of achievements, you will be informed of any faculty or department-related requirements as your application proceeds.
RocApply Tip: Photocopies authenticated officially by the document-issuing organization or notarized by a public notary as regarded as ‘original’.
As you prepare, make sure to check our page regularly for any details, updates, or announcements. Also if you have any further questions check out our FAQ link above or email us through [email protected].
"The simplicity of the RocApply application process is what drove me to use them, I did not even need to be guided through the application process" Melissa Yaslov from Russia
RocApply helps students apply to any university. If you have questions about the application process or the university itself please do not hesitate to contact us any anytime at [email protected] or through our phone, Whatsapp or Viber: +49 151 12975441