All visitors to South Georgia and Sandwich Islands require a visit permit. The permit applications for commercial or private vessels are submitted by the owners or operators of the cruise ships or boats and this covers all visitors on board.The yacht vessel operator will normally submit your visit application and handle the administration of the visit on your behalf.The Commissioner of South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands is based on the Falkland Islands regulates all access to the Islands.Visas are not required, but travelersmust apply to the Commissioner for permission to land on the Islands.
The vessel owners or operators and visit permit holders need toreport to the Government Officer at King Edward Point as soon as they arrive on the islands. The following is applicable to obtain the Visit Permits and to visit the islands:
- You must hold a valid passport to enter South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands.
- UK Emergency Travel Documents are accepted for entry into and exit from South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands.
- Payment of visit fee
- negative COVID-19 Test or vaccination document
- travel itinerary
- Students also have to show proof of funds to cover their trip.
- Original copy of Travel Documents e.g. Passport