Senegal has several registered hospitals and teaching hospitals that provide the best healthcare and medical facilities for both locals and foreigners. Below are some of the hospitals one can consider during their stay in Senegal.
University Hospital Fann- this is a teaching hospital in Dakar which also acts as a referral center for infectious diseases.
- Facilities: its services include a psychiatry ward, neurosurgery, infectious diseases, radiology, emergency care, an outpatient clinic, and cardiovascular and thoratic surgery. It has more than 314 beds.
- Personnel: the facility has 692 staff, this includes 114 qualified doctors, 361 nurses.
- This staff complement serves the local population which numbers more than 1.5 million and references as well from other places.
This is a medical facility located in Dakar Senegal. It is open to patients 24 hours a day.
- Facilities: a psychiatrist is available, dialectology, ENT available by appointment, ophthalmology (an ophthalmologist does rounds at the facility), gynecology, cardiology, and dermatology.
- Personnel: there are doctors and nurses, fully qualified, a dermatologist, gynecologist, psychiatrist, and an ophthalmologist.
Hospital Principal De Dakar- It is a hospital located in Dakar. It is a teaching hospital and also a referral center. This main hospital in Dakar treats all kinds of patients and is the first point of call and has the largest emergency room, though it shares its patients with 2 other hospitals in the city.
- Facilities: medical imaging, functional exploration center, laboratories, resuscitation, operating theater, blood transfusion, operating rooms, maternity ward, pharmacy, and emergency room.
- Staff: the hospital employs fully qualified nurses and doctors and specialists in different areas as well.