3 kinds of Visa can be granted to visitors in Senegal. These are the tourist visa, business visa, and a diplomatic visa. The visitors can stay up to 90 days but if they are to extend then they have to adhere to certain provisions from Senegalese immigration authorities.
A temporary residence permit for students is to be issued by the Police des Etrangers within 2-3 months. It is advised that you visit the Senegalese embassy or foreign diplomatic missions to know of any changes in the requirements.
Senegal student visa
To be eligible for or to apply for a Senegalese student Visa the following are a prerequisite.
- A valid passport with at least two blank pages, valid for about 6 months from entry. Applicants can be denied entry if there is no evidence of return or onward travel or showing proof of accommodation.
- Passport photos-these have to be not older than 3 months
- Proof of sufficient funds- the applicant must hold some proof of sufficient funds for their stay in Senegal.
- Copy of bank statements to prove the ability to fund oneself.
- yellow fever vaccination for all age groups
- Copies of travel itinerary and proof of accommodation
- Letter of consent- underage visitors traveling alone must have a letter of consent from their parents or guardians.
- Veterinary health certificate- if traveling with a pet, applicants are advised to hold a rabies vaccination of about 21 days to 6 months before traveling.
Citizens can obtain a visa upon arrival except for those from Kosovo, Macao, and Yemen. You can also apply for a visa online.
The following countries are exempt from requiring a visa to travel to Senegal, all citizens of the European Union, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Japan, Liberia, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Mauritius, Morocco, Chad, Niger, China, Nigeria, Congo DR, sierra Leone, cote d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Singapore, South Korea, Togo, Tunisia, India, united kingdom, and the united states of America.
Note: application can be made on entry or in advance. Visa applications may be accepted or denied by the relevant authorities.