Visa Requirements for Students in Saint Lucia
Visa requirements for students that want to study in Saint Lucia are different for students depending on their citizenship. Select you country below, learn about the relevant regulations and find the embassies and consulates in your country!
1.Step: Select your Country
Study Visa Information for Students from
|Study Visa required|
Embassies and Consulates in for obtaining a Visa
Visitors to St Lucia must have a visa unless they are from the various visa exempted countries. These countries include most European countries, the United States, Singapore, Zambia, Fiji, Estonia, Canada, Cuba, Cyprus, Chile, and others.
Before making plans to travel to Saint Lucia, students are encouraged to find out first if their citizenship requires a visa. The visa applicant must first submit an application form to the immigration department at least two weeks before the travel date. However, in some cases, an application can be made at the airport on entry into St Lucia.
Note: Application is not a guarantee for acceptance as the application may be rejected.
Who Needs to Apply for a St Lucian Student Visa?
If you have chosen St Lucia as your academic destination of choice, then you need a St Lucian student visa, regardless of your nationality. However, there are several countries whose nationals can stay in St Lucia without a visa for up to 90 days at most.
If you are from a visa-exempted region; like most European countries, the United States, Singapore, Zambia, Fiji, Estonia, Canada, Cuba, Cyprus, Chile, you do not need a Student visa for if your course lasts less than 90 days.
What are the Requirements for St Lucia Student Visa?
For a St Lucian Student visa application, the following are required:
- A valid passport for up to 6 months
- Photocopies of your passport's relevant pages (personal information, issue/expiry date, visa stickers/stamps)
- 2 certified passport size photographs
- Acceptance letter from the University that proves the student has been accepted and offered a place to study on a full-time basis and the period of study intended
The prospective student must demonstrate through relevant documentation, the ability to fund and support themselves in the country or provide evidence of a Scholarship that will cover their stay in St Lucia. These may be of help:
- Bank statements showing your current financial standing
- Financial Aid Letters from the university or college /proof of scholarship
- Completed St Lucia visa application form
- In English
- The application may be done online or at the port of entry
- A copy of your travel itinerary
- Police Clearance from your country
- A health certificate of clearance.
- Medical insurance has to be arranged and documentary evidence also provided as required
- Proof of legal status in your country of residence, such as a Permanent Residence card (if you are living in a country other than your country of origin).
Note: This list is not exhaustive and St Lucian authorities can ask for additional documents as they see fit during any stage of your application processing.
In brief, here are some of the reasons why you should consider studying in St Lucia:
|Internationally recognized and certified programs||Relatively low cost of living||Colorful cultural festivals and carnivals|
|A shot of St Lucian hospitality||Opportunity to learn new languages||Non-stringent VISA requirements|
|Relatively low crime rates||High-quality education||
Possibility of earning while learning, through part-time jobs –no sitting on your laurels in St Lucia. One can find a part-time job and earn as they learn.
|Unique cuisine and majestic eye-catching sites||Variety of programs to choose from.||Interaction with other international students|
|Diverse culture||Degree programs that enable worldwide employment||Other|