Current openings in Saint Lucia
If you are looking to make an extra buck on the side while pursuing your education, then we offer you a range of options to consider. When you are studying abroad, a part-time job can assist in earning some extra cash for personal use and other personal necessities.
You cant go without beholding the beauty of St Lucia and thus part-time work will help fund travel, leisure activities without taking you off-budget.
It is of utmost importance to consider the employment regulations for non-locals. Some countries have restrictions on the jobs that foreigners can do. Other factors to take into account are your studies and lifestyle.
Your part-time job of choice mus job should thus have minimal impact on your education. Besides getting financial returns for part-time work. It may also be wise to get a part-time job in your specific program area
Here are a few tips for a good part-time job
- The job must fit youR lifestyle-have enough time to study after conducting your work duties. The job must be flexible
- The job must allow you to gain experience and at the same time create opportunities for future employment or elevation.
- The job must enable you to mingle well and gain interpersonal skills while at the same time getting to know more about your host country.
- The job must help you to integrate well into the host country's culture and social life.
In St Lucia international students can choose from a wide range of part-time jobs. If you are good and proficient in English, then you are set. You can teach the locals how to get a better command of their English language.
Once you have a better command of the local languages you can act as a translator as well. Talk about being paid for simply talking, quite intriguing.
Some jobs that international students can secure in St Lucia include;
- English Teacher/Tutor
- Work on campus
- Customer service
- Front Desk Officer
- Volunteer work
- Call Centre attendants.
- Hotel and Restaurants Waiters, Cooks, and Servers
- Student marketers and sales assistants
Most types of jobs require good communication but there are often no formal requirements when it comes to past work experience. It means it won't be too much of a daunting task to find a part-time job in St Lucia.
"I am currently working as a Guest Relations Officer for Merit hotel. On a day-to-day basis I get to meet or work with people from everywhere." - Diyora Muattar from Uzbekistan
For companies interested in working with RocApply
For companies interested in working with RocApply to secure employment for students please send us an email at [email protected]