Requirements of Student Entry in Saba
Any foreign national intending to enter into Saba for purposes of study should:
- Obtain a Sabac visa (if applicable) to facilitate your entry into the country.
- Enter into Seychelles from and through only authorized ports of entry.
- Present a valid passport to the Immigration officer at the port of entry.
- Declare purpose of entry into the islands and the intended institution of training.
- Proceed to the designated immigration office after entry and obtain a student pass for study in Saba.
The following criteria must be met.
- A letter of acceptance must be provided demonstrating that an applicant has been offered a place on a full-time course of study at a recognized educational institution.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate evidence of enough funds to support themselves in the country.
- It must be shown that the course fees have been paid in full.
- Private medical insurance must be arranged and documentary evidence of this must be provided.
- It must be the candidate's demonstrable intention to return to their own country at the end of their period of study.
To start the Online application for a student visa, you are required to submit the following:-
- Email the consulate a passport copy showing your name, nationality, and date of birth.
- In your email, kindly state your current country of residence and attach copies of any other residency permits you have Pay the visa fee.
- If you have already completed this payment, please just attach the receipt
If the Ministry of Foreign Affairs authorizes the visa, you can then apply at one of the Embassies or Consulates of Seychelles near you by submitting the following documents:
- Proof of authorization from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Your Birth Certificate
- Your high school diploma or other previous academic qualifications
- A medical report issued by a certified medical practitioner which states you are not infected with any contagious diseases. The report must have been issued within the last three months.
- Police clearance, issued within the last six months
- If you are under the age of 18: Authorization to travel from your parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
Sabahas a strict visa policy, but only allows visa-free access to a handful of neighboring countries.
Important things to note
Once you submit the completed application, you have to wait for one to seven days for the application to be processed, although it may take longer depending on the specific Embassy/Consulate. After your application has been processed, you can pick up your visa during the pick-up hours.
Since different Embassies or Consulates may have their own rules and requirements, it is always advisable to contact them first. You’ll learn about whether you need to make an appointment, their opening hours, and their specific requirements.