A Student Visa in Montenegro allows a foreign national the opportunity to immigrate to Montenegro temporarily to undertake a course of study in the nation. Studying in Montenegro is an increasingly popular choice for undergraduates across the world; Montenegro offers a long history of quality in learning with a host of educational establishments. Immigration to Montenegro has grown significantly in the last decade owing to the comparatively liberal immigration policy coupled with the high quality of life which can be obtained in the country. A Study visa allows the holders to live and work in Montenegro for as long as they need to complete their course to help support themselves and any dependents.
The following criteria must be met.
- A letter of acceptance must be provided demonstrating that an applicant has been offered a place on a full-time course of study at a recognized educational institution.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate evidence of enough funds to support themselves in the country.
- It must be shown that the course fees have been paid in full.
- Private medical insurance must be arranged and documentary evidence of this must be provided.
- It must be the candidate's demonstrable intention to return to their own country at the end of their period of study.
To study in any one of the universities in Montenegro, international students must get a Montenegrin student visa depending on their country of origin. RocApply has made it easy for you to follow what documentation may be needed upon visa application on this guide! It is, however, advised to always check with the consulate/embassy for more details on visa requirements.
To receive a Montenegrin Student Visa, you must first get accepted into an educational institution in Montenegro. This is why it is important to apply through RocApply and secure a vacancy in any of the universities of your choice to proceed with an application for a visa. The student then has to apply at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for authorization for your Student Visa.
Requirements of Student Entry in Montenegro
Any foreign national intending to enter into Montenegro for purposes of study should:
- Obtain a Montenegrin visa (if applicable) to facilitate his /her entry into the country.
- Enter into Seychelles from and through only authorized ports of entry.
- Present a valid passport to the Immigration officer at the port of entry.
- Declare purpose of entry into the s and the intended institution of training.
Important things to note
Once you submit the completed application, you have to wait for one to seven days for the application to be processed, although it may take longer depending on the specific Embassy/Consulate. After your application has been processed, you can pick up your visa during the pick-up hours.
Since different Embassies or Consulates may have their own rules and requirements, it is always advisable to contact them first. You’ll learn about whether you need to make an appointment, their opening hours, and their specific requirements.
ROCAPPLY DISCLAIMER: This is NOT an exhaustive list of required documents. The Montenegrin authorities can ask you to submit any additional documents as they see fit during any stage of your application processing.