Tuition in Mexico
Although the average costs of higher education overall are around US$5,500 per year, this varies quite a lot. Public universities in Mexico can charge as little as $350 up to $800 per year for undergraduate programs, while private institutions will charge considerably more, between $1,600 and $16,500 per year.
Scholarship Opportunities in Mexico
For decades, the Mexican cultural diplomacy has worked in different successful programs, such as human capital training through scholarships for academic degrees awarding and research work performing in various areas of knowledge.
The Directorate-General for Educational and Cultural Cooperation, through the Academic Exchange Department, designs and manages the Ministry of Foreign Affairs´ Scholarship Programs for Foreigners. The scholarships of the Mexican Government present two programs namely the scholarship for academic studies and the scholarship for special programs.
The scholarships for academic studies are offered to take complete programs for Specialization, Master´s or Ph.D. Degrees, and Postgraduate Researches. Likewise, the offer includes academic mobility for bachelor and Postgraduate Degree Programs. On the other hand, the scholarships for special programs are offered to take short-term fellowships addressed to Visiting Professors, Researchers in Mexico´s issues, Media Contributors, Art Production Fellowships, amongst many.
Specialization, Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. Degrees, and Postgraduate Researches including short-term fellowships.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- The scholarships will be awarded on academic excellence.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D., as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested. Technical and or commercial degree titles are not accepted. For the cases of mobility at the Bachelor’s level, it will not be necessary to submit a diploma, only proof of studies of the last academic period completed, issued by the institution of origin.
- Candidates cannot be living in Mexico at the time of application.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum grade point average of
- eighty, on a scale of 0 to 100, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received. Applications with a lower grade point average will not be considered
- The scholarships are not transferable and cannot be deferred to future years.
Be sure to check in detail on the scholarship requirements before making applications as some are reserved to enrolled students, exactly why we are here as RocApply to mediate and get you an equal slot of your choice.