Mauritius Visa Requirements
In Mauritius, foreigners need to obtain a student visa if they wish to come into the country for either full-time or part-time study purposes in a higher institution. International students looking to study in Mauritius must first secure admission into a recognized university or higher institution of tertiary learning, then apply in the embassy or consulate of Mauritius in their home country.
Foreign students accepted into bachelor's, masters, doctorate programs and even exchange programs on a full-time structure must proceed to apply for a student visa not less than 3 months before the start of the semester. Some institutions in the country apply for their students at the immigration and passport department in Mauritius, and you will be informed if this is the case.
The following is a list of the documents required for a student visa to Mauritius;
- Visa application form – called the ‘Application to Enter Mauritius’ completed and signed by the applying student.
- 2 latest passport photographs
- Copy of international passport
- The original copy of the offer/acceptance letter from a recognized university in Mauritius
- University document showing the timeline of the study, courses and credit hours.
- Proof of funds
- Health certificate that shows that the student does not have any terminal or contagious illnesses. Test for HIV, Hepatitis B, and the student’s chest x-ray must be carried out by a reputable medical center.
Please note that acceptance does not guarantee a visa and the Immigration Office holds the right to review each student’s application documents and determine if they would be issued a visa. Also, upon arriving into the country, international students must apply for a residence permit in Mauritius which typically lasts for their entire study duration. We also offer visa counseling and assistance to all our students who apply through our platform.
Apply now on RocApply, let us help you.