To study in one of these universities, international students must get a Libyan student visa depending on their country of origin. RocApply has made it easy for you to follow what documentation may be needed upon visa application on this guide! It is, however, advised to always check with the consulate/embassy for more details on visa requirements.
Requirements of Student Entry in Libya
Any foreign national intending to enter into Libya for purposes of study should:
- Obtain a Libyan visa (if applicable) to facilitate his /her entry into the country.
- Enter into Libya from and through only authorized ports of entry.
- Present a valid passport to the Immigration officer at the port of entry.
- Declare purpose of entry into Libya and intended the institution of training.
- Proceed to the designated immigration office after entry and obtain a student pass for study in Libya.
The following criteria must be met.
- A letter of acceptance must be provided demonstrating that an applicant has been offered a place on a full-time course of study at a recognized educational institution.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate evidence of enough funds to support themselves in the country.
- It must be shown that the course fees have been paid in full.
- Private medical insurance must be arranged and documentary evidence of this must be provided.
- It must be the candidate's demonstrable intention to return to their own country at the end of their period of study.
- All immigrants in Libya should respect and oblige with national immigration laws, guidelines, and formalities.
- Visas and Student passes do not permit gainful or voluntary employment in Libya.
- All North African community nationals studying or seeking to study in Libya, must obtain student passes from designated immigration offices.
- The study must be undertaken from only approved and licensed training institutions.
The other documentation you need can be arranged at the embassy and will depend on the type of study you are going to undertake. The regular visa process takes 10-30 working days. In some cases, it will require 40-50 days. You will be notified in such cases. The visa cost may be between $40 to USD 70 depending on your country of origin.
RocApply Disclaimer: The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith. The information presented is subject to change due to national policy and review. While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners to this website for any errors, omissions, or outdated information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.
The viewer of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources, or the user's government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.