To study in Jamaica you need the Jamaican Student visa or permit depending on where you are coming from. RocApply is glad to assist you in figuring the best way to obtain your student visa with much hassling!
To apply for a student visa, you require a passport valid for at least six months after your intended return from Jamaica.
Visa requirements for international students vary based on nationality; with that in mind, students should do some personal research to ensure they have the right documentation prior to departing their home country!
Students are typically allowed to stay for one year in Jamaica without exiting, but will be required to bring proof of enrollment at a local college or university.
Requirements of Student Entry in Jamaica
Any foreign national intending to enter into Jamaica for purposes of study should:
- Obtain a Jamaican visa (if applicable) to facilitate his /her entry into the country.
- Enter into Jamaica from and through only authorized ports of entry.
- Present a valid passport to the Immigration officer at the port of entry.
- Declare the purpose of entry into Jamaica and intended the institution of training.
- Proceed to the designated immigration office after entry and obtain a student pass for study in Jamaica.
What qualifies you for a student visa in Jamaica?
The following criteria must be met.
- A letter of acceptance must be provided demonstrating that an applicant has been offered a place on a full-time course of study at a recognized educational institution.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate evidence of enough funds to support themselves in the country.
- It must be shown that the course fees have been paid in full.
- Private medical insurance must be arranged and documentary evidence of this must be provided.
- It must be the candidate's demonstrable intention to return to their own country at the end of their period of study.
- All immigrants in Jamaica should respect and oblige with national immigration laws, guidelines, and formalities.
- The study must be undertaken from only approved and licensed training institutions.
RocApply Disclaimer: The contents of these pages are provided as an information guide only, in good faith. The information presented is subject to change due to national policy and review.
While every effort is made in presenting up-to-date and accurate information, no responsibility or liability is accepted by the owners of this website for any errors, omissions, or outdated information on these pages or any site to which these pages connect or are linked.
The viewer of this web page should use the above information as a guideline only, and should always contact the above sources, or the user's government representatives for the most up-to-date information at that moment in time, before making a final decision to travel to that country or destination.