Students studing in Brunei can apply for a number of available scholarships ranging from government scholarships, merit based scholarships, sports scholarships, engineering scholarships, law scholarships, medical scholarships, medicine scholarships, athletic scholarships, art scholarships, and grants, to mention but a few.
Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship for International Students
It is offered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to Foreign Students to Undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degrees. This ia a Fully Funded Scholarships for Studying Abroad for International Students which will cover all expenses. There is No Application Fee for the Brunei Scholarship. It is a Full-time Undergraduate, Diploma & Postgraduate Master Degree Scholarship. There are 4 main Universities Participating Under this scholarship program including the Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali, Universiti Teknologi Brunei, and the Politeknik Brunei.
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students who wish to Study in Brunei which will cover all the Expenses. Other benefits include:
- Exemption from Paying Tuition Fees Including Acceptance, Examination, Registration and Orientation Fees.
- An Economy Class Round Air Ticket to and from Brunei Darussalam
- A personal Allowance of BND$500.00 per month
- A personal Allowance of BND$150.00 per month
- An Annual Book Allowance of BND$600.00
- Accommodation at the Residential College of the University or Polytechnic
- Baggage Allowance for shipment of the recipient’s personal luggage to their country of origin upon completion of the program, at a maximum amount of: BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region, and BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region
- Comprehensive Insurance Cover for the duration of the Scholarship.
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC Member Countries.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs.
- appicants for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs Must not exceed the age of 35 upn application.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- Eligible Regions include ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC Member Countries
Application process- Applicants must submit the following:
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country
- Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance from their National Security Agency or Police from their home country.
- application forms are to be emailed after completion
UBD Graduate Scholarship
This is a scholarship is offered by Universiti Brunei Darussalam to outstanding students who are interested in pursuing their studies in the Doctor of Philosophy level after excelling in their Master’s degree. This is a very competitive scholarship and applicants with academic talents and caliber are highly encouraged to apply.
The scholarship is open to all levels to take any course of their choice.
- Waived tuition fees, including registration and acceptance fees at Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
- A subsistence allowance of BND 500.00 per month for 36 months.
- On-campus accommodation for 36 months.
- For candidates not residing in Brunei Darussalam, one round trip economy class air ticket will be provided from their home country upon accepting the scholarship and to their home country upon completion of their studies.
- Allowances for field research (BND 1000.00 for Arts and Humanities, and BND 2000.00 for Science candidates).
Fulbright Scholarships in brunei welcomes Ph.D. applicants from any country. It is open for all disciplines and candidates are expected to be enrolled at a university or a research institute in Brunei, and cover an academic year of study.
Eligibility-All nationals are eligible. These must come from disadvantaged communities but showing excellent academic, and outstanding leadership potential.
Application requirements: prospective recipients must be enrolled for a degree program at any institution in Brunei. The students must be able to prove their English proficiency, and must show good grades.
Royal Society International Exchange Programme
This is a scholarship offering partial funding offered for international students. This is a Post-Doctoral scholarship for students pursuing in Natural Sciences. This scholarship can be taken at any institution in the UK or Overseas institutions, including Brunei.
Eligibility: it is open to all nationals
Benefits: The scholarship offers all Travel allowances and Research expenditure to the beneficiaries.