Brunei requires visas for travelller visiting the country. Most visas for Brunei are processed within three working days but if you are applying for a visa with a sponsor, the processing time may take up to 5 days. If applying via email, take into account the time it takes to deliver and receive the documents as well.
There are various visa types that can be issued in Brunei and travelers are encouraged to check with the Brunei Embassy or Consualate to know which visa they should apply for. the visa types include:
- Brunei tourist visa- is issued to foreign nationals who will enter Brunei for tourism or visit friends or family.
- Brunei business visa- issued to foreign nationals who intend to invest or will be engaged in business-related activities in Brunei.
- Brunei work visa- issued to foreign nationals who have found employment in Brunei.
- Brunei dependent visa- is issued to the spouse and dependent children of work visa holders.
- Brunei student visa.- issued to foreign nationals who intend to study at a Brunei educational institution.
- Brunei transit visa- This visa can be issued on arrival for 72 hours ar Brunei International Airport.
The documents required for a Brunei visa application include:
- The Visa application form.
- University offer letter
- Travel etenarary
- International yellow fever vaccination certificate
- Your passport as well as a copy of your passport, with at least six months validity.
- Two recent passport-size pictures. Coloured, and with a white background.
- A copy of your return ticket.
- Proof of accommodation in Brunei. E.g. hotel reservation or the address where you will stay.
- Proof you can financially support yourself in Brunei.
- contact details.
- Payment of the visa fee.
- If you will apply by mail: A pre-paid, self-addressed envelope for the consular services to return your documents.
- If travelling for business/investment:
- Your sponsor must submit the relevant company/organization documentation
- Your sponsor must write you a Letter of Support
Brunei Visa Fee
The Brunei visa fees are as follows
- B$20.00 or US$16.00 For a single-entry visa
- B$30.00 or US$24.00 For a multiple-entry visa up to 3 months
- B$50.00 or US$40.00 For a multiple-entry visa for more than 3 months