Visa Requirements for Students in Brazil
Visa requirements for students that want to study in Brazil are different for students depending on their citizenship. Select you country below, learn about the relevant regulations and find the embassies and consulates in your country!
Students wishing to attend a Brazilian university will need to take the Vestibular if they do not already possess scores from a similar entrance exam (such as the U.S. SAT or ACT) that may be used in place of Vestibular scores.
Upon arrival, you will have to register with your local branch of the Federal Police within 21 days of your arrival. If you do not, you will be charged a tax for each day you go past the 21-day limit and it may harm your chances of applying for a visa renewal or extension.
While we offer necessary information on Visa requirements it is within the jurisdiction of the student to take note of the following precisely and consult with the embassies where necessary or details may seem sketch.
Step by Step Procedures In Applying For Brazilian Student Visa Application
- Ensure your passport will be valid for at least 6 months from your expected arrival date
- Register with the school
- Fill out the application on the Brazilian Consulate site
- Make the appointment to submit your documents to the Brazilian Consulate
- Print out the requirements list for the visa you want (student visa is VITEM-IV)
- Get fingerprinted for a background check, then send off documents for a background check – or use channeller to combine fingerprinting and document sending (higher cost, faster results)
- Collect all of the documents on the requirements list: proof of financial means, health insurance, etc.
- Keep everything together in a folder so that nothing gets separated.
- Get the USPS money order for the reciprocity fee.
- Show up at your appointment prepared and ready to be approved
- Wait the 5 business for your VITEM-IV to be processed
- Pick up (or receive by mail) your VITEM-IV and get stoked about going to Brazil
Documents needed when applying for a student visa in Brazil.
Concerning Immigration & Visa in Brazil, where you can make sure you get the right documents to make a successful application to your ideal university. The vast majority of international students who study a degree in Brazil will need to get a study visa,
- A completed visa application form must then be submitted online to the Brazilian Consulate, along with;
- a notarized copy of the student’s driver’s license or identification card.
- Two Original passport photo valid for six months after the end of the course
- a copy of the student’s flight itinerary or airline tickets (proof of departure),
- a copy of the student’s birth certificate,
- proof that the student has sufficient funds to pay for living expenses while studying in Brazil
- A letter of invitation by the university the student is attending is also needed before Brazil’s Ministry of Education will issue a student visa.
- Copy of a letter of acceptance from an approved Brazilian institution
Citizens of countries like Canada and the USA do not need an entry visa to come to Brazil. But they must come along with all their necessary documents to apply for a temporary stay in this glamorous country.
To find out your country’s eligibility or visa standing please contact us through email alongside your application inquiries.
Please ensure that your documents are notarized and translated into Brazilian or English if they are in a foreign language by an official translator with an official apostille.
1.Step: Select your Country
Study Visa Information for Students from
|Study Visa required|
Embassies and Consulates in for obtaining a Visa
If you fail to submit all the documents in time, the embassy will ask you to book another date for your appointment, therefore to avoid delays please submit all the documents in full.
As the Visa process for international students can take up to 3 months, depending on the country, we strongly encourage you to calculate enough time for it.