Visa Requirements for Students in Argentina
Visa requirements for students that want to study in Argentina are different for students depending on their citizenship. Select you country below, learn about the relevant regulations and find the embassies and consulates in your country!
1.Step: Select your Country
Study Visa Information for Students from
|Study Visa required|
Embassies and Consulates in for obtaining a Visa
It’s never easy to understand how to get a student visa abroad, in Argentina the procedures are painstaking and long. Afterward, it is more difficult when you arrive in this new and unknown country to receive your visa. We’ve decided to write a functional article to help you understand the essential procedures and actions step by step.
Applications are personal and the applicant must submit the following documents (an original and a copy) at the Consular Office:
- Passport valid for at least six (6) months at the time of entering Argentina, with at least two (2) blank pages.
- Two (2) current 4 x 4 cm photographs, facing the camera, printed in color, on a white background.
- Visa application form filled out (preferably in electronic format) and signed by the applicant.
- Program of study.
- Electronic filing of the student data by the educational institution in the National Directorate of Migration.
- The educational institution must be duly registered with the National Registry of Petitioners on behalf of Foreign Applicants of Argentina (RENURE) and have their inscription number. If the host is not registered with RENURE, please call (54-11) 4317-0200/0303/0337 to complete the registration.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover stay and study expenses (consular authorities may request copies of bank account statements, credit card statements, or other).
- In the case of travelers aged 16 or older traveling for a period exceeding 6 (six) months, an apostilled or legalized certificate of good conduct issued by the competent authority of the countries where they resided for more than one year over the previous three years.
- In the case of travelers aged 16 or older traveling for a period exceeding 6 (six) months, commitment to tell the truth or sworn affidavit of their lack of a criminal record in other countries, signed before the consul.
- Payment of consular fee: 150 US dollars or euros, depending on the Consular Office where the application is filed. The fee must be paid in the local currency of the Representation.
- Consular interview.
- If the student is a minor, authorization by both parents in order to apply for the visa and the name of the tutor responsible in Argentina.
Please note that Consular authorities may require supplementary or additional documents where believed necessary. Applications and documents have to be submitted directly at the visa appointment.
The visa department conducts visa appointments on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10:00 to 12:30 a.m. The legation close in the Argentinian and American holidays. It encourages the applicants to submit applications at least 30 days before the date of their proposed trip and not to make any irreversible travel plans before the issuing of the visa.
The other documentation you need can be arranged here and will depend on the type of study you’re going to undertake. The regular visa process takes 7-10 working days. In some cases, it will require 30 -45 days. You will be notified in such cases.
There is an expedited visa process that takes up to three working days and requires the payment of a $40 fee. You may be qualified for the expedited visa service depending on availability. The expedited fee does not apply in the case of the visas that require a processing time of 30-45 days.